Announcing the 102nd annual meeting of the Florida Entomological Society
The annual meeting of the Florida Entomological Society will be held July 21 to 24th, 2019, in Jupiter, Florida!
Here is a draft
of the annual meeting schedule FES meeting schedule 7 19
Here is a draft of the annual meeting abstracts.
Those of you who are presenting, please check your entries and notify email@example.com of any errors.
Here are instructions for the student paper competition.
Oral presentation guidelines
1. Bring talk on thumb drive.
2. Come to the meeting room 30 minutes prior to the start of your session and upload your presentation onto the desktop of the computer in your presentation room. The moderator will be there to help do this.
3. Please adhere to time limits; moderators will be strict in enforcement to keep concurrent sessions synchronized:
a. Symposium presentations (15 minutes) – this is to include talk and time for questions if the speaker wishes.
b. Submitted oral presentations (12 minutes) – this is to include talk and time for questions if the speaker wishes.
c. Student oral paper competition (15 minutes) – 10 minutes for the talk; 2 minutes for questions; 3 minutes for judges to write comments and next speaker to be introduced
Poster presentation guidelines
1. Poster size
a. Posters must be no larger than 30 inches by 40 inches. They will be taped to a foam core board that can be oriented vertically or horizontally on a tripod stand. Painter’s tape or regular clear tape will be available.
2. Authors can set up their poster in Marlin anytime on Monday (8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.). Posters should remain up for the duration of the meeting.
3. Two poster sessions times for authors presence
a. Monday – 6:30 - 8:30 p.m. combined with Social Mixer (Terrace/Marlin).
b. Tuesday – 3:30 – 5:00 p.m. combined with Coffee Break (Gallery/Marlin).
4. Take down posters after the Tuesday session.
This year we will be back at the Jupiter Beach Resort and Spa which has been a wonderful venue for our meeting in the past, and you can register on the internet at (https://www.jupiterbeachresort.com/) using the special GROUP code FLENTS0721 or call them at 1-877-389-0571 and give them the group code to receive the group rate. Rooms will be $139/night (single/double occupancy or quad for students), with no resort fee, and government rate rooms will also be available. Plan to bring your family and enjoy the same room rates for up to three days before or after the meeting. Look for announcements soon requesting symposia topics, your submitted and student competition papers, member honors and awards nominations, and student scholarships, travel awards and mini-grants. We will be working hard to assemble an exciting and diverse scientific program and look forward to seeing you there.
Your FES annual meeting organizing team,
Heather McAuslane, Jawwad Qureshi, Gregg Nuessly and Teresa Duchene